Friday, April 07, 2006

An Old Poem

Hello world!

I wish to join the ranks of all you clever Bloggers. I will attempt to maintain this space regularly and with the type of content that makes a visit worthwhile. I hope you like to read my stuff. But if not, I understand and wish you well.

For my first post, I have gone back to a poem that I wrote a few years ago. From time to time I'll post more poems, but this is surely not a poem-a-day site.

Anyway, awayyyyyy we go...

Fear...

In the long silence of the night,
I think of your body, mind and soul.

Can you ever know the extent of my want?
That you alone I long to hold?

When morning breaks, I lay alone.
Two souls apart the sunshine greets.

My utopia on the horizon,
Yet never does my desire meet.

The heart inside me feels pain today; we are separate,
Oh, to see your face.

There is happiness out there,
Please know that you've showed me the place.

This day too has ended, distance unbearable.
All my wealth to have you near.

It's not to be, and never will.
With but myself, I walk in fear...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home