Sunday, April 09, 2006

Golf Thoughts

So, I really love golf...

Since you don't know me yet, that may be news. Anyway, I used to play a lot of golf. Six or seven years ago I was pretty good; shooting in the low 90s consistently, and dropping into the 80s occasionally. Then came the drought. There were some years between then and now that I played a measly one time per year. Sorry, that just ain't right. So last year, while living in sunny California (oh, you didn't know that? OK, we'll get to that story later), I recommitted myself to the game. I even took my annual golfing trip to Myrtle Beach with JAH and played several times with my cronies from work. I began to play at a level that wasn't embarrassing. Then I moved back to New Jersey...

NJ is great, but it's not conducive to a year-round golf lifestyle (well with the snow and freezing cold and all). But if you start preparing in the late winter, you have 6 solid months of golf. That's what I did. I began swinging the clubs regularly and began a fairly intense stretching regimen. In February, I scored a trip to Florida and played two rounds of golf. Must say, I played pretty well. It's interesting how in golf, you can play well and still have a crappy score. I came back and continued the practicing. Waiting for the next round to see that Florida was no fluke...

Well, JAH and I got out last Friday. A perfect day! We hit balls for about 45 minutes and played as a twosome. In golf, playing as a twosome is really a treat, since the golf clubs (owners, not the sticks) would rather see 4 persons play together. It wasn't too crowded, so a twosome worked. Long story made short, I shot a 101. I had some pars and even two birdies putts - missed of course. Looks like I will be playing again Friday, then the week after. I'll post those scores and my thoughts of how I actually played.

I love golf. Oh, the Masters is a great tournament...Couples...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home