Thursday, May 04, 2006

Movies In My Sleep

Not very rested, but happy to be here...

A while ago, I posted about having some trouble getting a good night's sleep (Bad Dreams). I promised that if I had a really funky one, I would share. Well, last night I had a doozy.

It began innocuously enough, me alone in my car - a Kia Sorento by the way. So anyway, I'm driving down the Garden State Parkway (in NJ), heading to the beach for the day. Again, things are great, sun is out, tunes are blaring...life is good. In the blink of an eye however, everything goes to hell. Sitting next to me screaming is Susan Lucci (the soap star). Turns out she lost her Emmy, again. She begged me to drive here to California to see her agent. I, of course, acquiesced.

Upon arriving in Burbank, CA (which takes just a nanosecond in dream time), we were greeted by her agent. Imagine my surprise when her agent turns out to be my ex-wife. Things are now reeling out of control. Not only does my ex still hate me and blame me for all things wrong in the world, she has convinced Erica Kane (aka Ms. Lucci) that I am the reason for her crushing defeat at the Daytime Emmys (I never found out who did win, damnit!). Now wielding weapons, the two lunatics chase me to the lot of the studio. Now I have lived in California, and visited the studios, and this is not what they look like. The environment was that of a cave from Batman.

So I guess I make a wrong/right turn somehow, and end up on the set of the movie Fried Green Tomatoes. Don't get me wrong, I love the two chicks in that movie, and love the movie itself too. My problem now is; however, the car they are pulling form the lake is mine. Turns out I killed the bad dude. Back on the run I go. Next set please...you got it, Baywatch.

Now I never watched Baywatch, per se, but I've been seen listening to music TO Baywatch - wink, wink. Back to my plight. Turns out that Hobie is missing and I know where he might be. I must have fallen into the wrong season because there was no sign of Pamela Anderson. I am pleasantly surprised; however, to see my all-time favorite lifeguard Nicole Eggert (aka Summer). She was great in Charles in Charge too, but I digress. OK, so Hobie's under the pier (OF COURSE) and we bring him safely home to his Dad, Michael Knight, no, Mitch.

Rather than the Baywatch theme, the music playing is the very familiar Shakira song, Hips Don't Lie. Interesting. As the characters begin to fade away, the sun shines in my face and I am home, in bed, safe and sound. A quick feel for bodily damage tells me that I am unscathed. So I get up to greet what will probably, in comparison, be a pretty dull Thursday...

Please don't forget that tomorrow is the feature "The Friday 5, 15 or 50...Depends on My Mood ", which is all the buzz with the kiddies nowadays! There may even be a little birthday something for our friend, Ethel...

1 Comments:

Blogger Torie said...

I think you need to stop watching television before bed...That dream is a little - no - a lot crazy.
Thanks for stopping by my site.

1:31 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home