Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Some "Old" Writings About My Daughter

Beautiful and smart...

...and can she dance. Arms flail and legs kick. Faces turn red and the room suffers from cataclysmic response. But hey, it’s just dancing, right? Erin’s dancing resembles (in many ways) a rain dance which prolongs a drought. The kid has the rhythm of a steamroller. I am her mentor. The concept of moving your body to music is lost on me. Music is to be savored, right? Not unlike a fine wine or a succulent flower. Truth is, I dance like the robot from “Lost in Space”. So this Erin kid is all that and more.

She exudes the light of a million rainbows and resonates with the sound of every vast echo known to mankind. I love her. No, I worship her. Her eyes are portals to the place I long to be. She brings me there each morning that she wakes me up by prying my eyes apart with her delicate fingers. Her soft morning breath, how sweet it is, on my aging face. Our noses separated by mere centimeters. The blueness of her cornea astonishes me and transports me beside her to the wonderland of her. “Helllooo”, she says with a chortle. I am awake (and alive)!

3 Comments:

Blogger Jeremiah said...

Thanks. She amazes me beyond all compehension.

1:39 PM EDT  
Blogger Taz said...

You brought tears to my eyes...happy tears. There is no love like the love you feel for your child. A hug from your child can make even your worst day OK. My favorite thing in all the world is to hear Lil Taz say "Mom, I love you" The first time she told me first, I felt like my heart was going to burst open.
Beautiful job.

4:04 PM EDT  
Blogger Jeremiah said...

Taz, you are a silly romantic. OK, I am too. If you read back in my blogs, you'll find the nugget of my daughter's first sentence...priceless!

6:55 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home