Tuesday, June 06, 2006

A Long Walk

I'm sweating my ass off...

Because I am trying to get in better shape, I have been looking for cardio exercise any place that I can. My normal commute has me take a ferry from NJ to Manhattan each day. The ferry is great because, unlike driving, it affords me the time to read the paper, etc. In the evening, it also affords me the time to have a couple of beers, but I digress. Anyway, the ferry drops me at the foot of Wall Street (downtown). I then walk two blocks to the subway, and take that, literally, under my building in midtown.

The ferry also makes a stop in midtown on the east side of the island. I have always thought the walk was too far for the winter months, but with the nicer weather and my physical fitness push, today I gave it a try. I walked from the FDR drive at 34th Street to Madison and 42nd Street. For the record, I am hot and a little winded. I just did a Mapquest search and the distance is 1 mile. Yay me!

Although you probably don't care at all, I will keep you posted on my exercise exploits...

Song of the day: Time of My Life, by Eminem

2 Comments:

Blogger Budgyrl said...

Good luck with that! I hate excercise, so do some for me too would ya? =)

4:47 PM EDT  
Blogger Megan said...

You know, I was just saying today that I almost don't like having no commute to work. Now that I live so close, I don't have much time to space out [or jam out] and mentally prepare myself for the work day.

Of course, I'd take a ferry ride over stop-and-go traffic any day. :)

9:05 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home