Monday, May 29, 2006

Memorial Day Madness

It always the unplanned parties that rock...

Innocuously enough, I invited my cousin to stop by my house on his way to the bar. I was actually supposed to go to the bar with him, but I was a mess from the festivities the night before, and was finding it difficult to focus on much more the my deck chair and my beer. Moments after speaking to Casey - my cousin - my brother-in-law calls and says he's coming over and I can't stop him. Problem, BIG problem.

Before they arrive, my girlfriend - Karen Lyn - asks me if I want to go see the beach. Head hurts, so sun and salt water will do me good - I go. Upon arriving back at the house, my two guests are perched on the deck, drinking Coronas and listening to my iPod. Next to them is 50 Littleneck clams that will soon be on the grill. This is going to get ugly.

I won't bore you with the details, but in summation, the party went all day and night. My sister, two nephews and another friend would show up before all was said and done. Many beers were drank, clams were eaten and sunburn was gotten.

I love summer...

Song of the day: Every Time I Look at You, by Kiss

1 Comments:

Blogger Megan said...

I'm with you on the unplanned...and the sunburn. Aie!

9:00 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home