Monday, May 22, 2006

My First Day in The New World Order

This sucks...

So here we are. Some of my recent posts (here and here) have been about my friend (best friend) JAH leaving his job in NY city to pursue another career path. This new path is taking him to Long Island - Garden City to be exact. Now Garden City to mid-town Manhattan can be done in 30 minutes via train, but that is hardly the point. The point is that he and I spent a lot of time together. He taught me so much. Our meetings after work were legendary. I will miss them, and him, dearly.

I sit here today at my desk feeling different and empty. I will be fine, of course, but I am taking my one day grace period to be a sissy and mourn the loss of my playmate. I'm going to get to work now and keep myself busy until the dreaded lunch hour. What will I do? Where will I go? Is it possible that I am actually a bit scared?

Jeez, I am a knucklehead...

Song of the day: I Don't Like Mondays, by Boomtown Rats

1 Comments:

Blogger Jeremiah said...

Thanks, today is a new day...

9:54 AM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home