Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Tracks

My solemn place...

Did you ever find a spot that just feels right every time? Well I have. It's a bar in New York City - Pennsylvania Station to be exact. I do not know why, but I love going there. It makes very little sense that a place with such a transient clientele would give me a warm and fuzzy feeling each time, but it does.

I think there are a couple of factors that I can point to, but I truly believe that the allure is somehow beyond reasonable thought. That is, OK, religious. Yes, religious. I know, "Jeremiah you are a blasphemous knucklehead!" But sincerely, I feel almost holy when I am in the cathedral that is Tracks.

I mean, look at the "facts":

Alter: 2nd longest wooden bar in Manhattan
Preist: Caroline (and Susan, but she's a story for another day)
Eucharist: Bud Light
Hymns: An awesome jukebox
Confessional: See above (Caroline)
Word of the Lord: Would you like two more Bud Lights?

OK, I'm going to hell. I'll meet you there...

Song of the day: Walk a Thin Line, by Fleetwood Mac (idea stolen unabashedly from Megan)

1 Comments:

Blogger Megan said...

Way to rock the Mac! I've been listening to their old stuff all week.

10:06 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home