Tuesday, May 23, 2006

New Adventures of Old Jeremiah

Not as good as the old adventures...

Last night, I watched TV. I do that sometimes. Anyway, I watched the show with the ex-Seinfeld lady. It's a pretty good show and it makes me laugh. Part of the reason that I enjoy it is that I can relate. I am divorced, and in the early stages, my ex and I spent a lot of time together. We exchanged birthday and Christmas presents, etc. Jesus, for my daughter's fifth birthday, we all took a trip to Disney World. Scary!

The thing about the show that cracks me up is that the ex-husband meets a girl (considerably younger) with the same name, Christine. I had a similar, not exact, experience with a girl I dated for a time after my divorce. Here's the deal: My ex's first name has six letters, so did new girlfriend. Ex's middle name; Marie, same as new girlfriend. Ex's last name ended in "nski", new girlfriend's did too. Ex born in Brooklyn, NY, same as new girlfriend. Ex is a Taurus, same as new girlfriend. And the kicker, ex's birthday is May 9th. You guessed it, same as new girlfriend!

Well, things didn't work out any better for new girlfriend and we parted ways years ago. I have since found true love. She has actually guest-blogged on this site before. She is younger than me, but we are good for each other. Best part is, she has nothing in common with ex...

Song of the day: Ours, by Sugar Ray

1 Comments:

Blogger Budgyrl said...

I like that show even though lots of people say it sucks. I hear it got picked up again for next season.
BTW, I am a TV junkie!!

11:41 AM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home