Thursday, June 01, 2006

Today is the First Day of the Rest of My Life

Jeez, that is one lame title...

OK, so the free weights are prepared for my workout tonight, and the bike chain is oiled. I'm as excited about this as I have been about anything in a long time. I'll provide some progress reports as warranted.

Last night I watched a show called VH1 Rock Honors. The show, well, it rocked. My favorite band of all-time is Queen (KISS, Judas Priest, and Def Leppard were also honored - all good bands). While some people don't like Queen, and I can dig that, I love this band. The music is so rich and loud and complex. The words to the songs have always spoken to me as well. Probably my favorite song by the band is below, in the "Song of the day" section of the blog. The way I feel today makes the song true for me again, just as it did when I was 13 years old...

"He knew it was time, he'd made up his mind, to leave his dead life behind"...

Thank you Freddie, John, Brian and Roger. You are my friends and I love you for the peace you bring to my aging, aching soul.

Song of the day: Spread Your Wings, by Queen

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home