Wednesday, January 24, 2007

OK, OK, New York City is Cool

If you live long enough…

Sometimes, things sneak up on you. Like the dude whose girl you’re snaking (accidentally). Or the expired milk you drank last night. You get the point. Anyway, my present working arrangement allows me to work from my home office. Yes, I live at the beach, so the days and the views are not so bad. I plug away all day in my Nike sneakers, torn shorts and my “It’s all about me” t-shirt. I get paid to think, not look good…

To the point; I commuted to “the city” today and the energy was palpable. I stepped off the ferry – yes, the $200 a week ferry – and my first footstep reminded me of why I have made this crazy commute for 15 years (yes, I began working when I was 5). Not to bring down the mood in this inspiring post, but I was downtown on 9/11. I was scared, pissed, scared, confused, and finally relieved to get off the island. That relief was the opposite today as I wanted nothing more than to get on the island. I cannot do it every day because some has to feed my cat, but I’ll do it more after my experience today. I promise…

Crap, I hate when I’m wrong.


Song of the day: In The City, by Eagles

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home