Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Death, and Life

It truly is a circle...

So, I went to a funeral this morning. The person was close to me and I know the entire family very well. That said, I was able to relate to all the emotions of the funeral-going family; anger, loss, sadness, disbelief and - dare I say - relief. It is tough to admit the last one because we don't want to sound callous, but since I lost my own father to cancer in 1997, I guess I can speak with some degree of experience. I was actually relieved when my father died because he was finally out of pain. I'm sure that emotion is within each of those family members today, and I hope it does not make them feel less than human. I wish them all a spot of happiness today, and more in the weeks and months ahead.

As luck would have it, while walking to my car, I overhead a women say to a small child, "Happy Birthday". I smiled and realized that the circle of life is not a myth...it is as real as death, and even stronger.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home