Monday, April 17, 2006

Weekend Wrap-up

A long couple of days...

I probably couldn't be much more tired than I am right now. It feels like I got hit by a truck, got back up, and then a train ran me over. Let's play weekend wrap-up in an attempt to see where all this pain is from.

OK, weekend started for me on Thursday night. Got home from work, packed and went to my girlfriend's parents house. Her brother was coming home from S. Carolina for the weekend, so we wanted to get together. Turns out that I played golf on Friday, but I'll get to that later. Upon arrival, I was greeted by the sweet sight of a case of BLs. I immediately partook in several. Next thing I knew we were drunk-dialing pizza places at 11:00 with no luck. With a lack of pizza, we went to Plan B - which was the frozen appetizer route - pizza bagels and mozzarella sticks. A bunch more beers and to bed by 1:30 AM.

Our Friday tee-off time was 9:04 AM. Needed a shower bad, so I got up at 7:30. Not enough sleep for sure. The shower did help, however, and we were on our way. The course was in town, so we were there in 15 minutes. I was looking forward to a relaxing round of golf with my sooner-or-later-to-be brother-in-law, but that did not come to pass. That's right, I rode with the father. Don't get me wrong, I love the guy, but he is not the sanest golfer I know. Two bad shots in a row and his clubs become WMDs. You guessed it, two bad shots on 1 and 2. Next stop for the driver? Cart path. After a few holes he got stuff sorted out and actually played nice with everyone.

So as not to keep you in any further suspense, I will reveal my score now. Drum roll please, drum, drum, drum, drum, drum..90! That's right 90!! Ok, the course was not super long, and there was very little water, but come on, a 90!!! Things were working like they used to. Solid drives - 250 consistently. Tight irons, lots of greens in 2 or 3 shots. And a decent day with the wand. One of my favorite accomplishments was also achieved...one ball for the entire round. Moving on, I would only add that yes, there was some beer involved. 6 BLs for the round. That's actually the second round this year that I played to that number (of beers). I like it.

With our golfing done - and me victorious - we headed home for some lobster claws and BLs. For dinner, we made homemade pizza. It was great, except that aforementioned father sent two of the pies off the stone and into the back of the oven. Pies were salvageable, but the fire that ensued was interesting. No damage and dinner was complete. My girlfriend - Karen Lyn - and me went home that evening to see our really cool cat - Sushi. Karen had drank 2 bottle of wine during the dinner fiasco, so she was "tired" when we got home. After a nightcap, she called it a day. I did not. I stayed up to watch really stupid TV for two more hours with my friend BL. After the True Hollywood Story of Olivia Newton-John, I was done. Sleep came quickly and deeply.

Saturday was an adventure. It began innocently enough with KL and me packing our winter clothes and setting out our summer clothes. For KL, this was extremely enjoyable given that fact that she has essentially a brand new wardrobe. Anyway, we get that done and notice that is very nice weather. What should we do? OK, let's check out the webcam for the Tiki Bar - packed! (FYI, we are Platinum members at the Tiki) Let's roll. We get dressed and we're ordering beers by 2:30 PM, not bad. After some clams, pulled pork, a chicken wrap, some very interesting conversation, and a number of MLs, we were ready for home. The plan was to get a movie and some sub sandwiches for a quite night. Halfway home, the movie was out and a trip to an old favorite bar was in. More BLs. We did get the sandwiches, but halfway home decided pizza was another option. So there you have it, pizza and beer and finally, much later, bed.

Sunday was Easter. I was woken up the best way possible (wink, wink). After that and a shower we hit mass to say hi to God. We were picking up my daughter afterwards to hunt for Easter eggs and stuff. She looked so beautiful in her dress and sandals and shawl. I love her to pieces. Anyway, we had a great time for a few hours. We dropped her off at her grandma's house at 1:00 and hit the road to our first of two Easter visits. It was fun. Great food, cold MLs, lots of laughs and a few games of Washers. I'll explain Washers some other time. Ok, on the move again. At 5:30 we hit the road for our second visit. Once again, very fun. More good food, BLs and even a fire pit outside. After a few more hours of family bonding, it was time to head home. KL is pursuing her Masters and had a test to take (She got a 92!). Winded down with a few more BLs and some laundry. Then, with little fanfare, went to sleep.

There you have it, my weekend. For anyone that actually made it to the end of this post I say this: Get a life! Kidding. Well, at least now I know why I feel like a human punching bag today...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home